Thursday, December 17, 2015

Elderberry syrup

I've been using this elderberry syrupto boost Ladybug's immune system since she was about 15 mos old, and recently a friend mentioned she usually makes her own. My first thought was, "Wow! I wonder if that's any less expensive than buying it!"  And...I promptly forgot about researching it, because, y'know, mommy brain. Then I came across this post that has tons of info on the benefits, instructions, and a recipe! I finally looked into the cost of the berries, and found that I could make a batch of the stuff for about 1/8 the cost of what I was buying pre-made, using these elderberries.

Yesterday, i made the syrup, and boy was it easy! It took about an hour, but most of that time isn't hands-on time, so it was easy to manage, even with little ones. Here's a photo of the bubbly goodness in progress: 



And here's my pretty purple jar of finished product: 


It tastes fantastic, and is Ladybug approved! Just today, someone shared
this post with me, and I'm eager to incorporate some of these ideas! 

What about you? Have you used or made elderberry syrup? What's been your experience with it and how has it helped you?

No comments:

Post a Comment